Day 1, Oct 4
Travel day, flying to Zurich Airport.
Day 2, Oct 5
After arriving in Zurich and checking in to our hotel, we’ll have an easy walking tour of the picturesque Altstadt (Old Town) and enjoy a light dinner together. Getting acclimated the day you arrive can be a bit much, so we’ll keep the pace easy.
Day 3, Oct 6
We will visit Zurzach Switzerland. There we’ll take a tour of the Reha Clinic, learning how massage is utilized in a medical setting. While there, we’ll enjoy the pools and saunas of Bad Zurzach.
Day 4, Oct 7
Lucerne Switzerland and the surrounding lakes and mountains are stunning. We’ll spend our day exploring Mt. Rigi, the town and countryside by boat, aerial lift and historic cogwheel train. This day was a highlight for our last group. A true mountaintop experience!
Day 5, Oct 8
Sit back and relax as we rail past alpine peaks and lush valleys on our morning train to Salzburg Austria. After hotel check in, we’ll join a local guide and explore the grand old city of Mozart and its beautiful narrow streets.
Days 6 & 7, Oct 9-10
This area of Austria/Germany is rich in natural thermal waters. We will visit an alpine village with a fantastic massage and sauna complex, enjoying their healing waters and learning about the history of this famous region. Back in Salzburg, we’ll listen in on Mozart performances in a cathedral and stroll monastery gardens. And we’ll feast on hearty Bavarian fare.
Day 8, Oct 11
After a morning train ride to Munich, we’ll settle in with a walk around the historic city center and enjoy a meal and beverages in the open air Viktualienmarkt. In the afternoon, enjoy a bicycle ride with a local guide in the beautiful Englischer Garten followed by a fun evening in a classic German beer hall. Prost!
Day 9, Oct 12
Neuschwanstein Castle! We’ll take a day trip to the foot of the Alps to explore this fairytale castle. Insights into the life of Mad King Ludwig and panoramic view await!
Day 10, Oct 13
Munich is a city of many wonders and easily explored. We’ll take a tour of the somber Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site, then visit one of Munich’s excellent swimming and sauna complexes. You can wander and shop the lively area around Marienplatz. And on our last evening together, choose a local beer hall to enjoy our last meal together.
Day 11, Oct 14
Sadly, our time together comes to an end as you catch your morning flight back home.
You may wish to spend additional time on your own in Europe before or after our tour.
*Please note: Our itinerary may change due to unforeseen situations or opportunities. Weather conditions, unexpected closures, transportation delays, or even last minute unique opportunities occasionally occur that may affect what we see and the order we see them. We will do our best to arrange events for the most favorable outcome. Changes such as these are nonrefundable.
The tour starts once you’ve arrived in Zurich on October 4 and ends October 14 at the Munich airport. You are responsible for your own airfare to and from the tour.
What’s included in your tour price?
- 20 hours of Continuing Education – Education Destinations, Inc. will provide workshop materials and certificates of completion. It is your responsibility to verify with your licensing board (state, city, etc.) that these continuing education hours will be accepted for your licensing requirements.
- All transportation needed for the duration of the organized tour – Starting once you arrive in Zurich on October 4 and ending when you depart Munich October 14. (Any transportation costs that are independent of planned tour activities, on your independent time are not included.)
- All hotel accommodations
- Admission to all group day trips and guided tours
- Admission for up to 3 spa visits – Generally, pools, saunas and steam rooms are included. (Extras such as massage and additional special spa treatments are not included.)
- All hotel breakfasts and a couple of group dinners
We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance immediately after you purchase this tour and your airline tickets.
Before you depart on the tour, we will require proof that you have purchased travel insurance, or a written notice that you have declined to purchase it.
There are many carriers to choose from online. Coverage for these policies generally include: trip cancellation or interruption, medical protection and evacuation, and other important concerns. Education Destinations, Inc. does not endorse any specific insurance company or guarantee what a policy may or may not cover. Shop carefully and choose a policy that you will be comfortable with.
We love to “travel local.” As often as possible, we’ll use and enjoy:
- Local tour guides – Knowledgeable guides make a city center or museum come alive.
- Local hotels – Lodging that is clean, comfortable and located near the interesting places.
- Local eateries – It’s fun to enjoy the food and drink that is special to the locals.
- Trains and city transportation – Europe’s public transportation is a traveler’s dream! We’ll utilize public transportation whenever possible.
- Physical requirements – We’ll do a lot of getting around by foot, so please carefully read the Physical Requirements section.
This style of travel is much easier when you pack light! We’ll provide tips to make this easy.