In a hands-on and relaxed atmosphere, Roger Hughes leads therapists through a series of sensing exercises guided by easy movements and supporting touch. The feeling principles of lightness, softness and freedom will be cultivated first in the context of a self-care practice.
Embodying a sense of lightness and calm as you work with your client helps ensure you against repetitive massage-related injury. It also teaches your clients how they too can feel looser and freer in their body and mind. The touch of Trager reaches deeply in the tissues without the use of deep pressure.
In this workshop you will develop the skills to:
- Soften and a restore feeling to achy muscles due to repetitive massage and compromised body mechanics
- Maintain a touch that is soothing and deeply-felt
- Develop a touch that educates rather than dictates
- Integrate basic Trager® principles directly into your massage practice
Roger will guide therapists through brief demonstrations in how to give these felt qualities to your workshop partner. Therapists will have the opportunity to receive while standing, sitting and fully reclined on the table.
- Develop and expand your self-care practice
- Cultivate positive self-awareness
- Embody a feeling of ease and openness at the table
- Deepen the effectiveness as a giver (achieve more with less!)
“Trager”, “Mentastics” and the Dancing Cloud logo are registered service marks of Trager International. For additional information about the Trager Approach®, visit: www.rogertragerchicago.com